Tuesday, August 11, 2009

these fucking people

These tea bagger idiots blow my mind, for 8 years while the republicans expanded government, started illegal wars, wiretapped and data mined Americans without warrants or judicial oversight, passed a 1.5 trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy without giving the slightest consideration to budget shortfalls, torture, rendition, the repeal of posse comitatus, denial of habeas corpus, I can go on and on Not only did they not protest, they were chearleading the whole thing. These people are so fucked. I guess this all fits pretty well with the conservative world view though. How many worthless conservatives do you know that put on the show at church every Sunday and talk about holiness and bla bla bla, but you know not to turn your back because they will fuck you over in a second? That’s a microcosm of the entire conservative movement.

This tea bagger bullshit is the political equivalent to a 6 year old girl putting her fingers in her ears and going “la la la la la I cant hear you la la la la” somebody get these people internet access, fucking library cards, something I don’t know. I just can’t believe things are like this. Healthcare seems like a pretty simple issue morally. I don’t know if it’s willful ignorance or just old fashioned deception but its getting ugly out there. You see these people just screaming and angry and… and wrong, just completely misinformed about the most basic and fundamental issues. Maybe it seems scarier to me because I do my homework and know how truly absurd the things these people think really are. “READ THE BILL!!!” they say. What bill are they talking about anyway? There are 5 different bills, 4 in the house and then the Baucus bill from the Senate Commerce Committee that no one has even seen. I am terrified by the unabashed ignorance of it all; the tales of the government euthanizing grandma, and rationing, death panels, and a government takeover of Medicare (WTF!). Socialized medicine oooooohooooooo. Has everyone gone insane? And the democrats think we can compromise with these lunatics? One side is, for all its faults, trying to pass substantive reform on an issue that desperately needs it… the other side is MAKING SHIT UP.

These fucking people….

2 comments:

  1. First comment on the first blog of "D is for Democracy"! YES! I'm still reading the books you gave me, but I'm coming to realize one thing more and more as I read. Conservatives are masterful at using one charismatic figure head to take ideas that are bad for the middle-class and warping them and turning them into something patriotic. Way too many people are in favor of policies and ideas that will fuck them in the long run because they fear ruining democracy, when in reality it's the opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading the version these people cite. HR 3200 or something like that. And the best part of their complaints, there is not one thing in the bill about 99% of what they are complaining about. They take certain parts of the bill out of context or blatantly take what they have heard on TV and fit it into words and paragraphs they don't understand. . .

    ReplyDelete